Healthy and fit body is both desire and need of a human being. One of the best ways to determine if you are having a fit and sound body is your erection. How much and when it happens shows that if your body system is working or not. This seems strange, but it is true. A proper erection is an indication that your nervous system, hormonal and vascular components of the body are working properly. But, off the chance, if you observe that you are not getting erection properly, then something is not well with you. This state is known as erectile dysfunction. There are many reasons which could lead you this state. Some are serious and some are not. Let us now discuss on what cause erectile dysfunction.
Causes of erectile dysfunction:
The reason which leads to the state of erectile dysfunction or impotence can be classified into two broad categories: 1) Physical or organic (related to bodily organ or organ system) trouble, 2) Psychological or mental trouble.
Let us discuss the major reasons which make causes this trouble:
• Diseases: Any particular disorder or trouble with the nervous system and/or cardiovascular system of your body can invite several troubles. One of such concern is impotence.
If the nervous system which conveys messages to other organs of the body doesn’t function properly, then it could cause big trouble. Some of the common diseases which affect the central nervous system of the body is Epilepsy, Multiple sclerosis, Stroke, Alzheimer disease, Guillain-Barré syndrome, Parkinson disease.
Similarly, the cardio-vascular system plays another important role. Diseases like atherosclerosis (fatty deposits over walls of arteries), peripheral vascular disease (problems associated with blood circulation), a medical history of heart attacks, and high blood pressure are some of the common troubles related to this important system of human body.
Well, this is not the end. Make sure that any health related issues whether it’s high cholesterol, obesity, diabetes or any other common ailment, can be a cause of erectile dysfunction.
• Hormonal Imbalance: Lopsidedness in your hormones, for example, prolactin, testosterone, or thyroid, can bring about erectile dysfunction. The accompanying endocrine conditions are regularly connected with erectile brokenness:
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid organ)
- Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid organ)
- Hypogonadism (prompts lower testosterone levels)
• Injuries or surgeries that affect the spinal cord or pelvic area: Any sort of disturbance in the spinal cord or pelvic area could be a major cause of erectile dysfunction. So be careful and wise in this regard.
• Use of Alcohol, Tobacco and other substance abuse: We all know how the usage of substances like alcohol and tobacco can have an adverse impact on our body. If such things are used regularly and without limit, then don’t be surprised if you face the issue of impotence.
• Taking Medications: Certain medications can affect the blood flow in your body which is one of the major causes of erectile dysfunction. However, in such instances, if your doctor sticks with such medicines then continue with them. Some of the common medicines which could cause such problem are alpha-adrenergic blockers, like tamsulosin or Flomax, cancer chemotherapy medications, like cimetidine or Tagamet, synthetic hormones, like leuprolide or Eligard, diuretics, like furosemide or Lasix and spironolactone or Aldactone, central nervous system stimulants, like cocaine or amphetamines, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), central nervous system depressants, like alprazolam or Xanax, diazepam or Valium, and codeine, beta-blockers, like carvedilol or Coreg and metoprolol or Lopressor.
• Improper diet: It is a universal law that to stay fit, you need to eat healthily. Eating the proper and nutritious meal at correct time is the key to good health. If you don’t follow this guideline, you invite the lot of health issue which could ultimately become a major reason of your erectile dysfunction. Read more about erectile dysfunction and diet.
• Excessive Masturbation: We all know that excess of anything is bad for us. Yes, masturbation is a need for all of us but in the limit. Excessive masturbation reduces the necessary testosterone, acetylcholine, nitric oxide, dopamine, and serotonin, sex hormones and neurotransmitters which are important for a healthy sexual function. Read more about Excessive Masturbation.
• Psychological or emotional disorder: One of the major reasons for your erection is your desire. If conditions like are stress, anxiety, hypertension, depression become a part of your daily life, then you will not get the necessary arousal and thus the state of erectile dysfunction should not surprise you.
Certain sentiments can meddle with ordinary sexual capacity, including feeling nervous or reluctant about sex; feeling focused on either at home or at work or feeling vexed in your present relationship. In these cases, mental guiding with you and your sexual accomplice might be fruitful. One scene of disappointment, paying little mind to bring about, may spread further mental trouble
• Improper lifestyle: If there is no proper routine in your daily life, like proper hours and time of sleep, eat meals in proper time, proper diet, necessary exercise, addiction to any drug, alcohol, tobacco and more, then all these individually or in combination could lead to serious health trouble including impotence.
From above facts, it is now crystal clear that you must maintain a healthy body for proper erection. In case, if you have any abnormality with your body then the risk of erectile dysfunction is always there. There is no ailment which could spare you from this condition. You may be lucky enough that certain disease may not cause impotency in you, but you must keep in mind that the element of risk is always there in this regard. A fit and healthy body is the key for all human beings.
Also, a lifestyle of a person plays another important role. Over workload, improper rest, sleep deprivation and addiction to abusive substances like alcohol, drugs, tobacco and more are not only the cause of impotence but also it could cause permanent failure of a certain important organ of the body and also ultimately death. Keeping yourself deprived of stress, depression, anxiety and other adverse Psychological condition is one of the vital aspects you should follow if you want to avoid the problem of erectile dysfunction.
Written by Webard