Best ways to treat erectile dysfunction:
Penis pumps are the first treatment option on my list since it’s the only option that does not involve taking anything that your body might react to. Penis pumps does also have the highest success rate of all options – that’s why the American government is spending millions of dollars on penis pumps to men with erectile dysfunction.
How do I use a penis pump?
Using a penis pump is very straight forward, all you need to do is:
- Put in on your penis
- Pump out water/air to create a vacuum
- Wait 5 min. and enjoy your hard erection
Penis pumps for erectile dysfunction pros/cons
- Very high success rate
- Corrects penis curvature
- It’s fast – It takes around 5 min. to get a strong erection.
- Long lasting erections – Just repump if your erections get soft.
- There are no side effects.
- It’s a bit expensive
- It can be a turnoff to use the pump before sex
Erectile dysfunction pills
This is by far the most popular option to treat erectile dysfunction – there are literally millions of men who take erectile dysfunction pills every single day!
The success rate is pretty high but it does not work for all men – it is defiantly one of the easiest solutions to erectile dysfunction on the marked right now.
How do I use it?
There are 2 ED pill categories and they work in a different way:
The first category is the pills that you take 30 min. before sex and it will get you an erection. (short term solution)
The second category is the pills you take every day and you can get an erection whenever you want it, it does however take some time before the full effect of the pills take action. (long term solution)
Erectile dysfunction pills pros/cons
- High success rate
- It’s very fast
- Long lasting erections
- Does all sort of other good things for your sex-life.
- Does not correct penis curvature
- Some men experience side effects
Erectile dysfunction cream
Creams is one of the latest remedies to get a strong erection if you suffer from ED. Not that many men use erectile dysfunction creams but they are still worth considering when choosing the options that suits you the best.
One of the advantages of cream is the price, but the success rate is not the high, but they are worth a try if you are on a tight budget.
How do I use it?
- Rub the cream on your penis (A teaspoon amount roughly)
- Wait a couple of minutes for the cream to work.
Erectile dysfunction cream pros/cons:
- Very fast results
- Long lasting erections
- Prevent premature ejaculation
- The success rate is not that good
- Some men might experience side effects
Why do some men get erectile dysfunction?
There are several reasons why some men get erectile dysfunction both psychological and physical reasons – let’s take a look at the most common reasons:
- Psychological reasons – Psychological problems can accrue at all ages but it’s most common at a young age where anxiety before having sex is a big issue due to lack of sexual experience. You might get caught in a negative spiral if you fail to get an erection and that can lead to even more anxiety and low self-esteem (This is called “performance anxiety”).
It’s important to get out of this spiral as fast as possible!
Other psychological problems that can lead to erection dysfunction is: false notions about sex (Porno is a big contributor to this problem), fear and guilt.
- Health problems – A bad immune system is a big reason why older men get ED; your body is constantly fighting to stay on top and having sex is down prioritized by your body.
Other health conditions that cause erectile dysfunction is diabetes, obesity and heart disease.
- Unhealthy lifestyle – Living a life with smoking, alcohol, drugs and medicine is a guarantee to impotence. All the substances affect out central nervous system by reducing the natural release of hormones that sexual arouse and stimulate us.
An inactive lifestyle is also a cause of ED and many other diseases. Men that run a couple of times each week is less likely to get ED compared to men that don’t do any psychical activity.
- Physical injuries – Injuries to your central nervous system and brain is likely going to cause erectile dysfunction. The injuries are mainly from car and falling accidents.
Most of the problems are easy to get rid of and can be treated with a simple lifestyle change but some are more advanced and require surgery.
What should I do if I have Psychological problems?
Erectile dysfunction that are caused by psychological reasons is easy to treat with any of the 3 options above (pumps, pills or creams). It’s all about getting you self-esteem up and that’s done with positive sexual experiences which you can get from any of the options.
Watching too much/too wired porno will cause your brain to only get stimulated when you watch that kind of porno and that amount. The solution is simple but difficult (it’s an addiction) – you should limit yourself to watching no porno at all or once a week and only normal sexual activity (no 20 girls and 1 man kind of stuff).
What should I do if I have health problems?
There are two things you should do if you suffer from ED because of health problems:
- Talk to your doctor – Make an appointment with your doctor and find a solution to your health issues, nothing is more important than your health and well-being.
- Get a penis pump – A penis pump is the perfect solution to your erection problem, pills and creams might cause an allergic reaction and that’s the last thing your body need in this stage.
I have made a list of the erectile dysfunction vacuum pumps here.
What should I do if I have a
n unhealth lifestyle?
This is kind of obvious, quit – smoking, drinking alcohol and taking drugs. If you are on some kind of medicine that might cause ED, get in touch with your doctor for an alternative medicine.
And get your ass moving, start with short walks every day and increase the length once your body is comfortable with it. Start adding running to your daily walks and increase the length that you run once your body is ready for it.
A healthy lifestyle is not something you obtain in 1 day and the results might not come in the first few months but keep on moving! You can use any of the 3 options to get strong erections while you try to improve your lifestyle.
What should I do if I have physical injuries?
This is a more serious problem that in some cases require surgery. Pills and creams does not work if you have damage to your central nervous system but penis pumps do work in most cases since it uses vacuum to get an erection.
You can find a list of the penis pump for erectile dysfunction here.
Is erectile dysfunction a big problem?
It has become one of the biggest health problems for men in the western world. In the USA more than 30 million men suffer from erectile dysfunction (read more at sharecare) and the number is growing every year.
The main reason is our unhealth lifestyle that involve a lot of sitting still and eating too much unhealth food.
Didn’t find a solution to your problem?
Make an appointment with your doctor and find out why you have this problem, alternatively send me an email at [email protected] and I might be able to help you.
After finishing a master degree in Urology at the European University in St. Petersburg, Austin cofounded staustinreview.com in 2015. The purpose of the website is to help men with a wide variety of sexual problems with a language that everybody understand.
Austin is a dedicated writer and loves to get his hands dirty with product reviews and the latest urology news.
Outside of work his an outdoors person who loves fishing and running, you can follow Austin on Twitter or LinkedIn if you can keep up with him!