Sex is perhaps the greatest and most sought after pleasure in mankind, which simply has no equivalents. This is the reason people place so much importance on their appearance and sexual well-being because nobody would like to remain inexperienced about all the pleasures and fantasies that an active sex life can provide. However, the demanding side of sexual performance can take a toll on those who don’t live a healthy lifestyle.
Low testosterone production, problems with erection, premature ejaculation, and performance anxiety can always be a spoilsport to bring down the quality of sex leading to the dissatisfaction of both the partners.
What is testosterone?
Testosterone is the hormone that gives men powerful erections, solid sex drive, and stamina to perform. It also the hormone that controls combated behavior and plays a significant role in developing muscle tissues. However, the production of this hormone begins to fall after the age of 30 at 1% with every passing year. People have also reported a massive drop in their testosterone levels after 40, which led to drastic changes in their body and mood. This is to be expected because the loss of testosterone triggers a significant arrangement of behavioral and body changes.
Benefits of having an optimum testosterone level
As you’ve already read, this hormone is not just responsible for providing stamina and sex drive but also has many other properties. Also known as the anabolic steroid, is responsible for regulating primary metabolism, stimulation of red blood cell production, and reducing the production of free radicals. It also helps in protein synthesis, which can aid in building lean body mass as well as improve mood.
Testosterone and sexual performance
One of the most common questions people ask is “Will taking testosterone boosters help me get more stamina in bed?” The answer is yes! Testosterone boosters may have a positive impact on your sex drive by increasing testosterone because more often than not, men do not bother about getting all the right nutrients to maintain a high level. While the supplementation industry thrives on the insecurity of men who feel that they are not good enough, there’s no way we can overrule the fact that there are genuine brands with products that can be extremely helpful.
But, if you would like to remain “all natural”, then shifting towards a healthier lifestyle by a good combination of food and exercise is the best way to go about maintaining an optimum level of testosterone.
Natural foods that can boost your sex life
- Banana: Eating bananas a couple of hours before sex can replenish the lost glucose in your body and make you better prepared to have sex. This fruit also contains libido enhancing minerals that can prepare you for an exciting night of passionate lovemaking. Bananas can also regulate serotonin, which is a hormone that plays a role in regulating the mood.
- Red wine: Almost everyone knows that nothing is more romantic than wining and dining. But did you know that wine can also boost your sex life? Well, this alcoholic beverage can release dopamine in the brain, which is responsible for controlling emotions of desire. Those who are suffering from low libido will definitely benefit from drinking a glass of red wine before sex.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are not only tasty but also contain a good amount of zinc that can help maintain optimum levels of testosterone in men. Strawberries also provide sustained levels of energy that will help you perform better in bed. Women to can benefit from eating this fruit has the zinc content acts on their libido too.
- Fish: Arginine in certain fish is a nutrient that can enhance the limit of men and women alike. This nutrient helps in more production of nitric acid in the body, which helps the blood vessels near the genital areas to expand this consequently making you perform better and last longer. Most fish is also rich in zinc, so there’s no reason to worry about efficiency that will lead to lower sperm count.
- Honey: Not only does honey go with a variety of food, but it also can have an incredibly positive impact on your sex life. Kamasutra, one of the highly esteemed books on sexual health, recommends the daily intake of honey for a satisfying sex life. It contains natural sugars like fructose that also plays a role in boosting stamina.